Saturday, February 26, 2011

8 Days ...

It's been 8 days since the last force close or freeze (ANR) error.  7,000+ activity (screen) views.  Versions 2.2 and 2.3 definitely did a lot for stability and error checking.  I've added Google Analytics to the application though I have not pushed that version to the market yet.  Making sure I am getting the kind of use data that will make future development smarter ;)  I'm getting my activity view stats from AdMob at the moment.

I've also started refactoring the data management 1/2 of the application.  The whole app has come a long way since its humble 3-activity screen beginnings.  Everything was tied together with static variables and methods.  Surprised it worked at all honestly ;)  Probably the funniest part about that is I had a simple null line check in place to keep people from getting empty items into the addressee list.  When I started refactoring I broke that check.  My force close errors went from 2 to 8 in a couple of days.  That's when I realized I needed to redouble my efforts and get the SMS 1/2 of the application refactoring done.

There's some cool stuff coming.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment